My blood was boiling on a rampage today about Trump ordering the ICE to deport people in five states until…
I remembered they called Obama the King of Deportation after he called for 3 million people to be deported.
It’s amazing how easy it is to find fault in your enemy and forget that an ally did exactly the same thing.
Why was I so biased? Why did I forget Obama did that?
Why are humans so biased for one side against the other when most of the time, they do the same things?
Currently, the Green Party of Michigan has the foremost, best-developed political ideas of any party in the entire state. Our party has a comprehensive platform to stand upon; our values uniquely identified through the Four Pillars and Ten Key Values; our shared vision providing a firm footing for our policy positions and unifying us, both in principle and in political spirit. Without a doubt, the GP-MI has made great advancements in the past year and there are positive signals that this trend of progress will continue.
It is a grievous fact that Hillary has dropped into the shadows somewhat, since the election was un-democratically stolen from her, but I still want to talk about her. She won. Never let that die. Never. She won the election of 2016.
However, just as she was announcing her candidacy, my mate Michael (deceased now as of March 2016) bought me a great book, “The Hillary Doctrine”, Sex & American Foreign Policy by Valerie M. Hudson & Patricia Leidl. I read it in three days. It is very, very, well written and a brilliant book.
The subjugation of women and all living things on the earth is due in great measure to the U.S. military-industrial complex in alliance with for profit multi-national corporations; tax-payer funded. This book paints the picture of how that plays out. Unfortunately, Hillary supported some of these corporations in her desire for power. She was called on the carpet for that frequently, as though her payment for the assent to power should be any different than a man’s when our government functions as a for profit business to start wars. If she was going to be President, there was a price to pay. I personally wouldn’t have done it and she lost. These are big failures for her. She still set a precedent for women all over the world and realized great things in her government positions. I am grateful to her for these lessons.
The book is a study or a documentary of sorts and is filled with true case scenarios of what has been done to women in Guatemala, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan. It’s gruesome. It’s non-fiction (true), is documented extensively, and puts our contractors, military, and the U.N. in the hot seat for what they’ve done to women in these countries. It’s very disturbing and I encourage every feminist to read it.
This book is not about Hillary Clinton, pro-Hillary Clinton, or for Hillary Clinton. That said, the book IS about her fabulous quote,
“The subjugation of women is a threat to the common security of our world and to the national security of our country.”
Do you think we may have seen this in action on an international scale during the women’s march? Do you think this may be because HILLARY CLINTON was known, loved, and respected all over the world, women knew what she stood for and knew who she was, and were protesting the theft of the election from her? I do.
I ask the Women’s Movement to bring itself up another notch and conduct itself in a manner that can be taken seriously by the world community rather than a U.S. Pop culture phenom that comes in waves. Her quote is a big deal. Read it a few times and then read the book. The condition of life for women on this planet is as big a deal as the condition of the planet itself! How many movements fight for the Earth? About 50, and probably five big ones.
When I finished reading this book, I had an epiphany about how our minds could shift on this issue of subjugation of women in the war machine.
We all start out as female in the dark of the womb.
There is no way to Peace, peace is the way (The Quakers)
Woman is peace
There is no way to woman, woman is the way for life to be manifest
War is the absence of peace, and dark is the absence of light
Man is absent in the absence of woman because he comes through her.
Men start war, in the dark, in the absence of peace, light and women. Therefore, in order for men to make war, they must destroy women.
When men accept that peace is the way, violence toward women will end. Women must teach men the way of peace. To do that, we must boldly em-body it and boldly teach it our whole lives, in our bodies, in our homes, in our work, with our children.
The people who believed this and lived it were actually some of our ancestors and some were Quakers. Look up the history. Our country was founded to be a beacon, a light on a hill that could not be put out. The world watches us. Let’s lead as women…all of us.
I have a boundary to set with the commentors on #1 of this post. I am an extremely open minded person that listens to how people feel for a living. I’ve been doing it for 15 years. You are welcome to comment, of course, on the ideas I put forward. But I will cut you off if you simply slam and criticize in anger and negativity in the comments section. I ask that you make constructive criticism, helpful comments regarding a perspective I may not have seen. You have to be civil to me. I don’t allow myself to be mistreated by anyone, for any reason.
I had 4000+ views on my response to Dina since I posted it 6 days ago and many agreed with me and a few did not. I have observed that between WordPress and Facebook and the women I talk to directly, there is an emotional savior complex among women, “we’re in this together”, “don’t deviate” attitude. It’s a very patriarchal attitude and very “churchy” and sacrificial. That is not the kind of movement I will join because in the end it’s controlling and selfish. Women need to take care of themselves and ask for what they want and need and then ask others to join them. It’s empowerment and in my life, it’s based in Spirituality. Everyone is different and no preaching is necessary.
#1 HEALTH OF OUR BODIES AND MINDS and learning how to ask for what we need with regard to it.
I would like women’s health care and women’s right to control our bodies to be a focus. To a great degree, we can do much of this for ourselves. I live in my body 24/7 and it belongs to me. Especially in holistic medicine, my health is in my hands. But for some women, it’s not as simple. For now, we need both allopathic and holistic health care.
I’ve also seen many, many comments that not all women from all opinions and persuasions are being welcomed into the movement; in particular, women who do not support abortion and women who prefer peace, not a closed fist. I personally know two women who voted for Trump just on that issue alone. If feminists are discussing women’s bodies and feelings about reproduction, we need to just LISTEN to the feelings and ideas from all corners. It does not have to be in our platform or in our legislative agenda per se, but we owe it to all women to listen to their point of view if it’s presented in a civil manner.
Since I’m on the issue of civil manner, a women’s movement will in no way be taken seriously by Congress or anyone intelligent who could potentially fund the movement unless we stop the drama, the anger, the religious fanaticism, and the intolerance for those that don’t agree with us.
#2-Passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution of the U.S.
- Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
- Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
- Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification.
That’s the whole thing and it still hasn’t been passed. I just saw this online and I couldn’t believe it.
There is already an Equal Pay Act of 1963 signed by JFK. Women need to read it, know the law and make sure it’s enforced in any job you take. You can find it online. Be brave!
I’m stating this and anyone else who feels this way can wrap their mind and heart around it. Essentially, these are mental mantras that you repeat to yourself over and over, or in a small group to set positive energy. These are not demands or expectations. This is a list of what I want and maybe some other women will as well.
- I want to be a happy woman and for everyone else to be happy as well
- I want to be a thriving woman and for everyone else to thrive as well
- I want to advocate for myself in confidence
- I want to step up to who I really am and be honest
- I want to hear happy hearted women lead the movement the loudest
- I want to know that everything is working out for each of us as individuals
- I want to live interdependently, not co-dependently or addicted as a woman
- I want to live safely in the world as a woman
- I want to know that no matter how many times attempted victimization is foisted on me, I do not have to accept the feeling of being a victim or the label of being a victim. I want to know that I have the right to be here, to be in my body, and to choose my life as I see fit.
- I want to know that Source energy, female and male, upholds me in my empowerment
- I want affordable healthcare for my female body.
- I want access to licensed, professional, holistic medicine for my female body and my children.
- I want my children to live safely in the world, playful and eager
- I want more people on Earth to feel better
- I want more stability and security as a woman
- I want to be safe and secure in my home as a woman
- I want the household chores split equally in my home
- I want sex to be discussed openly and our sexual needs met equally in my home
- I demand to be treated as an equal in my home with a male mate
- I want to be equal among humanity as a woman
- I accept the different sexual expressions and orientations of other women
- I do not support violence as a woman, from me, to me or my children
- I do not support the societal over-objectification of women’s looks for profit
- I want to thrive as a woman
- I want to work in a robust economy as a woman
- I want more of my own money and control of it as a woman
- I want equal access to bank loans as a woman
- I want to be listened to and respected as much as men as an intelligent woman
- I demand credit for my work and my ideas in the workplace as a woman
- I want to have more fun as a woman
- I want to feel at ease in my community as a woman
- I want to see people in affinity with me safely, around the world, as a woman
- I want to appreciate everyone’s point of view even if we’re not in agreement, as a woman
- I want to feel balance in diversity as a woman
- In this movement, in my female circles, I want me or my women friends to speak first and lead before a male. This is OUR TIME to come forward on behalf of all women in the world who want to be happy, healthy, and empowered to have a good life. We do it in the way only women can.
This dates me. Women’s values and perspective change with the new generation. I was born in 1963 so I am at the tail end of the hippie generation (1945-1965).
I’ve always seen the imbalance in power between the genders. First and second wave feminism really helped bring light to the problem and I have no problem being grateful for those lessons that leading women bestowed on us. I will never characterize it as a blood sacrifice though. I will never heed a call to war and I will never begin hating others just to be a so called “dominant woman”. I will also never hark back to the old pagan days of matriarchy that denigrated men.
But this latest seed of misandry, hatred of men from the younger women, no thanks. Since WHEN? have women viewed the energy of heart LOVE as weak compared to that of anger? Maybe we’re not defining love the same way. We’ll have to have a discussion between all of us, including the men. Maybe it’s time to define our terms.
If this latest feminist display continues to embody just mouthpieces or anger and rant, misandry and hate, intolerance of women who express themselves differently, women who are raising loving, hetero males who want to have sex with a woman someday, and no support of LOVE, EDUCATION, THINKING, and ENLIGHTENMENT, No thanks!
This video is excellent making light of the Third Wave of Feminism that is bad seed. It’s toxic and could destroy women’s empowerment. You can’t empower yourself by tearing someone else down, including men.